- Hourly / - BiWeekly /
- Monthly / $94,180.00-$125,701.00 Yearly
Md. PUBLIC SAFETY Code Ann. § 13-303 (2012) § 13-303. Assistant Adjutants General
(a) In general. --
(1) The Governor shall appoint two Assistant Adjutants General for the Maryland Army National Guard and two Assistant Adjutants General for the Maryland Air National Guard.
(2) An Assistant Adjutant General serves at the pleasure of the Governor.
(3) Unless selected for a military position requiring federal recognition as a Major General, an Assistant Adjutant General shall have a commissioned grade not above that of Brigadier General.
(b) Qualifications. -- To be appointed as an Assistant Adjutant General an individual shall:
(1) have at least 1 year of commissioned field grade service in the National Guard; and
(2) have attained at least the rank of colonel. (
c) Duties. -- An Assistant Adjutant General shall perform the military duties that are assigned by the Governor or Adjutant General.
(d) Employment status. --
(1) One of the Assistant Adjutants General for the Maryland Army National Guard and one of the Assistant Adjutants General for the Maryland Air National Guard shall be full-time employees of the Department in State active duty status.
(2) The other two Assistant Adjutants General shall be traditional drilling guard members.
A Class Description provides information about the Nature of Work, Examples of Work and General Requirements for a classification in the Management Service or a classification in the Skilled or Professional Service in which all positions have been designated Special Appointments.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities; Minimum Education and Experience Requirements; Special Requirements; and recruitment and testing procedures are set by the using agency. Class descriptions broadly define groups of positions used by various State departments and agencies.
Position descriptions maintained by the using department or agency specifically address the essential job functions of each position.