(a) Composition; appointment. -- The Commission consists of five commissioners, appointed by the Governor with the advice and consent of the Senate.
(b) Qualifications. --
(1) Each commissioner shall be a registered voter of the State.
(2) The Commission shall be:
(i) broadly representative of the geographic and demographic diversity of the State and of the public; and
(ii) composed of individuals with diverse training and experience.
(c) Full time duty. -- Each commissioner shall devote full time to the duties of office.
(d) Tenure; vacancies. --
(1) The term of a commissioner is 5 years and begins on July 1.
(2) The terms of commissioners are staggered as required by the terms in effect for commissioners on July 1, 2006.
(3) At the end of a term, a commissioner continues to serve until a successor qualifies.
(4) A commissioner who is appointed after a term has begun serves for the rest of the term and until a successor qualifies.
(e) Oath. -- Before taking office, each appointee to the Commission shall take the oath required by Article I, § 9 of the Maryland Constitution.
(f) Removal. -- The Governor may remove a commissioner for incompetence or misconduct in accordance with § 3-307 of the State Government Article.
EXAMPLES OF WORK
Specific educational and experience requirements are set by the agency based on the essential job functions assigned to the position.
A Class Description provides information about the Nature of Work, Examples of Work and General Requirements for a classification in the Management Service or a classification in the Skilled or Professional Service in which all positions have been designated Special Appointments. Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities; Minimum Education and Experience Requirements; Special Requirements; and recruitment and testing procedures are set by the using agency.
Class descriptions broadly define groups of positions used by various State departments and agencies. Position descriptions maintained by the using department or agency specifically address the essential job functions of each position.