|Date Opened||8/8/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||11/5/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary Range||$90,063.19 - $162,113.73|
|Department||TRANSPORTATION AND CAPITAL INFRASTRUCTURE|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
The Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure is currently seeking applications for an experienced and highly motivated Senior Land Acquisition Manager, to lead a team of professional acquisition managers in the management of Loudoun County’s real estate portfolio and the needs of the County’s Capital Improvement Program.
Duties of the Senior Land Acquisition Manager include:
• Oversight and management of program activities associated with the acquisition of real property and tasks associated with the County’s long-range land acquisition strategy.
• Management of activities to ensure all tasks are conducted in accordance with County, State and Federal regulations and procedures.
• Management of complex land acquisition projects.
• Collaboration with the County Attorney’s Office to facilitate the preparation and recordation of deeds, plats, leases, contracts, easements, and other legal documents.
• Collaboration with the County’s Land and Space Planning Committee on projects associated with the County’s long range land acquisition strategy and plan.
• Preparation of reports for presentation to the Board of Supervisors.
• Leadership and management of staff.
The successful candidate will have experience in property negotiations and real property acquisitions, as well as significant experience reading construction plans and documents, contract and project management, and have some experience in legal procedures relating to Eminent Domain law; have the skills and abilities necessary to conduct field visits, negotiate with property owners, prepare information for property owners related to right of way and easement acquisition; and prepare reports for presentation to the Board of Supervisors. Adherence to VDOT Right of Way procedures and adherence to the Federal Uniform Act is critical in the position. General knowledge of methods, principles, practices, and techniques of real property acquisition for public purposes and basic knowledge of laws and procedures related to acquisitions, easements and condemnation required.
The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with property owners, the public, and other County officials and staff is a key requirement, as is the ability to communicate effectively and professionally. This position requires strong interpersonal, project management and contract management skills.
This position is eligible for telework in accordance with County and Department Telework Policies.
Master’s degree in field related to assigned area; four (4) years of related, progressively responsible work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Anticipated hiring range of $90,063 - $126,088
The position necessitates the ability to inspect property, which often requires walking or climbing elevated structures and exposure to inclement weather while in the field. The position requires attendance at public meetings, which occasionally occur outside normal business hours. Candidate must hold or obtain a Virginia Notary Public license within 90 days of hire. Work is performed in a dynamic environment that requires sensitivity to change and responsiveness to changing goals, priorities, and needs.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of background checks, to include criminal, credit, and driving.