|Date Opened||9/25/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Salary Range||$79,911.85- $139,845.75|
|Department||TRANSPORTATION AND CAPITAL INFRASTRUCTURE|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County, Virginia, is seeking applicants for an experienced professional to serve as the Senior Transportation Planner to perform tasks associated with a broad spectrum of land use and development projects. This position is part of the Transportation Planning Division of the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure (DTCI) and reports to the Program Manager – Transportation Planning and will work alongside of other Transportation Planners and Traffic Engineers as well as working closely with other departments in the County.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Engaging in a variety of activities associated with both short term and long-range transportation planning efforts.
• Reviewing land development applications.
• Performing complex transportation analyses, evaluations and studies.
• Providing mapping data and information in an engaging and user-friendly manner.
• Participating in community engagement and outreach.
• Management of special transportation projects.
This position routinely communicates and interacts with elected officials, advisory boards, administrators of public agencies/departments, private sector business and members of the public. This position is expected to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, and supervisors, in order to promptly and effectively respond to public inquiries, with information on public policy, comprehensive planning, development codes and land use regulations.
Specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position include:
• The ability to solve problems and make sound decisions, exercise good judgment, work independently, take initiative, and exhibit professionalism.
• Demonstrate exceptional attention to detail, and the ability to plan, organize, and carry out complex projects effectively and simultaneously.
• Experience in public involvement and presentation of information to public bodies.
• Concise and professional writing skills; strong verbal communication and presentation skills; the capability to prepare, or direct the preparation of, graphic information in a variety of media and formats including GIS and related visualization tools, display illustrations and PowerPoint presentations.
This position is eligible for partial telework in accordance with County and Department Policies. Flexible scheduling is also available to address required meeting attendance outside of normal business hours.
Salary commensurate with experience; anticipated hiring range is $79,911 to $109,878.
Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, or a related field; five (5) years of related work experience OR Master’s degree in Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Administration, or related field; three (3) years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Preferred skills include a familiarity with ArcView, ArcGIS, AutoCAD, and Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint. The position requires occasional attendance at night meetings to present information to the Board of Supervisors, Planning Commission, and/or other stakeholder groups.
Employment is contingent upon successful background check completion, to include criminal, credit, and driving record checks.