|Date Opened||8/9/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Department||BUILDING & DEVELOPMENT|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County, Virginia, is comprised of County staff who dedicate their talents, education and experience to make a difference. In the Department of Building and Development, we place a high value on work-life balance, professional development and service to our dynamic community. Join our team of professionals who are committed to Community, Teamwork and Innovation in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
The Loudoun County, Virginia, Department of Building and Development (Department) is seeking applications for the position of Engineer III. This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Performing comprehensive review of complicated land development applications to verify compliance with applicable regulations for which the Department enforces.
- Serving as point of contact and overall Project Manager for the processing of individual land development applications.
- Coordinating directly with internal and external agencies, applicants and owners to resolve design related deficiencies which would prevent the approval of an application.
- Facilitating transparent government operations by updating project records and databases completely and accurately.
- Providing good customer service by responding to citizen inquiries regarding procedures, regulations, application status, and other relevant data available to the Department.
The ideal candidate will be a highly effective communicator capable of conveying complex technical information in a clear and tactful fashion. The ideal candidate will possess a strong civil engineering background which demonstrates resourcefulness, flexibility and the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team. The ideal candidate will be highly proficient in relevant computer systems and be comfortable communicating through virtual media.
Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from a four-year college or university accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technologies with coursework related to the assigned area; three (3) years of related professional engineering and construction management work experience with direct design as well as administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hiring salary is commensurate with experience.
Criminal history and driving record background checks required. Must maintain valid driver's license and good driving record.