|Date Opened||8/9/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||11/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||TRANSPORTATION AND CAPITAL INFRASTRUCTURE|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
The Department of Transportation & Capital Infrastructure is currently seeking an experienced and motivated Assistant Program Manager for the Facility Renovation and Construction team. The successful candidate will provide leadership and oversight to the Facility, Renovation & Construction Program and will be responsible for operations related to the renovation & construction of multiple Loudoun County projects. The Assistant Program Manager will be responsible for supporting the Facility Renovation and Construction Program Manager with renovation projects, supervision of project managers, schedule review, construction progress documentation, budget management and everything related to construction.
This position will:
• Conduct site inspections to ensure the County’s renovation projects are conducted in accordance with permit requirements, approved design plans, County policies, and reports conditions and recommendations.
• Review contract documents and permit drawings. Ensures that project procurement aligns with the County's procurement policies.
• Assist the Program Construction Manager with financial and budgetary matters.
• Monitor daily/ weekly logistics of all projects. Assist in staging the job, determines priority of work and verifies work is completed to the county high standards.
• Develop field quality assurance and quality control plan with the construction team.
We are seeking an individual with:
• A proven track record of success in leading and managing construction projects.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Experience in local government and commercial construction preferred.
• Understanding of architectural, MEP and structural blueprints, and ability to interpret complex plans and specifications.
• Ability to prepare written and oral reports, keep detailed records, and schedule work efficiently.
• Proficiency in creating project estimates.
• Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to prioritize work for self and staff and manage multiple projects and tasks.
Bachelor’s degree in a field related to the assigned program or department; five (5) years related work experience including one (1) year of supervisory or team lead experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Hiring salary is commensurate with experience.
Anticipated hiring range is $72,075 to $99,104.
This position requires the ability to navigate active construction sites and may be required to remain on foot for extended periods of time to accomplish tasks or walk construction sites. May be required to work in various types of inclement weather; may also operate a vehicle in various types of severe weather depending on assigned service area. May be required to work outside normal business hours, depending on the needs of individual projects. Must have a valid driver’s license.
Employment is contingent on successful completion of background checks to include criminal, credit, and driving record.