|Date Opened||9/8/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Department||BUILDING & DEVELOPMENT|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County, Virginia, is one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. County staff are individuals who dedicate their talents, education, and experience to make a difference in the community. In the Department of Building and Development, we place a high value on work-life balance, professional development, and service to our dynamic community. Join our team of professionals who are committed to Community, Teamwork and Innovation in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. The Loudoun County, Virginia Department of Building and Development is seeking a building plans reviewer to conduct reviews of commercial and residential plans for compliance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) and local ordinances.
The Building Plans Reviewer position is responsible for:
• Reviewing all assigned commercial/residential building plans and submissions for compliance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code.
• Maintaining strict compliance with inspection time limitations established by the Building Official to meet the intent of the USBC.
• Maintaining a high level of problem-solving skills.
• Managing/participating in special projects, as assigned.
• Conducting field inspections as required.
• Attending all mandatory training as required by title 36 of the Code of Virginia and ensuring required building inspector certifications are current.
• Proactively providing technical information to owners, contractors, architects, and the public in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
• Responding to all phone inquiries the same day received.
• Communicating professionally with other staff members and customers.
The ideal candidate will be organized, team oriented, exhibit a high level of self-motivation, interpersonal skills, including establishing and maintaining relationships with fellow employees, County officials, contractors, and the public and integrity. The ideal candidate can solve problems and resolve conflicts with minimal supervision and will have a working knowledge of policies and regulations (local, state and federal) surrounding building code regulations. The successful candidate will also excel in areas such as communication, continuous learning, customer-focused service, dependability, flexibility, interpersonal skills, leadership, planning and organization, reasoning and problem solving, and teamwork.
High School diploma or equivalent (college coursework in construction, fire prevention, engineering, or related field preferred); four (4) years of related work experience in construction trade, fire prevention, and/or inspection including interaction with the public; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Must become certified by the Virginia State Department of Housing and Community Development as a Residential Building Plans Examiner within six months of starting employment and maintain the required certifications in accordance with Virginia Certification Standards.
The position requires a valid driver's license, DMV, and criminal background checks.