|Date Opened||8/10/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||11/15/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary Range||$52,042.19- $88,471.73|
|Department||BUILDING & DEVELOPMENT|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County, Virginia, is one of the fastest growing counties in the United States. County staff are individuals who dedicate their talents, education, and experience to make a difference in the community. In the Department of Building and Development, we place a high value on work-life balance, professional development, and service to our dynamic community. Join our team of professionals who are committed to Community, Teamwork and Innovation in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. The Loudoun County, Virginia Department of Building and Development (Department) is seeking a fire protection inspector to conduct field inspections of commercial and residential structures for compliance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code (USBC) and local ordinances.
The Fire Protection Inspector position is responsible for:
• Conducting all assigned field inspections of commercial/residential structures for compliance with the Virginia Uniform Statewide Building Code. Maintaining a record of each inspection result in the County data base system.
• Maintaining strict compliance with inspection time limitations established by the Building Official to meet the intent of the USBC.
• Maintaining a high level of problem-solving skills.
• Managing/participating in special projects, as assigned.
• Attending all mandatory training as required by title 36 of the Code of Virginia and ensuring required building inspector certifications are current.
• Proactively providing technical information to owners, contractors, architects, and the public in a professional, courteous, and timely manner.
• Responding to all phone inquiries the same day received.
• Communicating professionally with other staff members and customers.
The ideal candidate will be organized, team oriented, exhibit a high level of self-motivation, interpersonal skills, including establishing and maintaining relationships with fellow employees, County officials, contractors, and the public and integrity. The ideal candidate can solve problems and resolve conflicts with minimal supervision and will have a working knowledge of policies and regulations (local, state and federal) surrounding building code regulations. The ideal candidate will have a background in fire protection systems. The successful candidate will also excel in areas such as communication, continuous learning, customer-focused service, dependability, flexibility, interpersonal skills, leadership, planning and organization, reasoning and problem solving, and teamwork.
High school diploma or equivalent (technical coursework in building preferred); four (4) years of construction related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Must become certified by the Virginia State Department of Housing and Community Development as a Residential or Commercial Building Inspector within six months (6) of starting employment and maintain the required certifications in accordance with Virginia Certification Standards.
The position requires a valid driver's license, DMV, and criminal background checks.