|Date Opened||10/3/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||10/5/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary Range||$43,818.13 - $74,490.82|
|Department||BUILDING & DEVELOPMENT|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County's Permit Issuance Division of the Department of Building and Development is seeking qualified candidates for a full-time Administrative Assistant position. The position is an essential part of a high performing customer service team assisting the public and county staff with permit and inspection related inquiries.
Primary responsibilities of the position include:
• Acting as the primary custodian of records for the Permits Division and fulfilling Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
• Coordinating public inquiries through the county’s online citizen request system, Loudoun Express Request (LEx)
• Maintain policy and procedure documents
• Processing daily mail
• Researching and compiling reports
• Assisting with answering phone calls on department’s main phone line
• Assisting with human resources, purchasing and financial activities
This position also supports the Permits Division Manager with administrative tasks and special projects as needed.
The successful candidate must possess strong organizational skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing to customers and staff; to research and interpret data, and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with subordinates, colleagues, superiors, officials, and the public. Superior administrative and customer service skills are essential and the ability to work effectively in a team environment is required.
High School diploma or equivalent; three (3) years of related clerical/administrative work experience with computer automated systems and office applications experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The successful candidate must possess the ability to work in a demanding work environment with excellent computer skills, organizational detail, and excellent communication skills. Experience in local Government, Permitting, or Land development is desirable.
Salary commensurate with experience
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of criminal, credit check, and DMV background checks.