|Date Opened||11/24/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||6/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
We’re looking for fun and energetic individuals to work during summer as Camp Instructors at various outdoor park locations throughout the Loudoun County. As a Camp Instructor you will employ your unique skills to plan, organize and facilitate fun and enriching camp activities in environmental education, sports, historical programs, archery, fishing, STEM and hiking. Successful candidates will have positive attitude, good communication skills with children and parents/guardians, and self-motivation to supervise and lead children in activities.
PRCS serves a diverse and inclusive population including but not limited to youth, adults, individuals with disabilities and seniors.
We are currently hiring for Camp Instructor at the following locations:
· Claude Moore Park, Sterling, VA
· Franklin Park, Purcellville, VA
· Hal & Berni Hanson Regional Park, Aldie VA
*May include additional location in Leesburg, VA*
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Prioritize the health, safety and supervision of participants ages 4-14.
· Set up, maintain, and take down areas of events and activities
· Maintain consistent communication with both the participants and their parents/guardians.
· Promote and execute quality service standards to all our external and internal customers
· Developing programs with modifications for beginning to advance levels of client needs and abilities
· Promoting a professional cross-team environment and participating in staff meeting/events
*Positions are scheduled the month of June 2023 to August 2023. Workdays are Monday – Friday with flexible hours between 7:00am to 5:00pm. Consistent and/or On-Call scheduling is available and varies by location*
*Include all experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and any experience working with inclusion or individuals with differing abilities*
· Completion of 8th grade
· Experience working outdoors leading children programming
· Perform moderate physical activity to include lifting, cleaning/break-down and set-up of equipment
· CPR/First Aid certification
· Successful candidates will undergo criminal and credit background check
· Obtain CPR/First Aid certification within 90 days of hire