Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you lead as part of a team, with inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government? Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking an Assistant Director of Information Technology for Infrastructure Services.
This position will:
- Lead the IT Team responsible for the management, maintenance and architecture for the County’s Enterprise Infrastructure.
- Strategically plan infrastructure to ensure that Loudoun County's 5,000+ employees can make the best use of technology to serve the public
- Support county-wide systems and projects to ensure alignment with business and technology strategies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the use of technology, including development of internal service level agreements with County departments.
- Foster an environment that balances customer service, security concerns and changes in technology to provide business-oriented solutions that advance the mission of the County.
We are seeking an individual with:
- A proven track record of success in leading and managing professional IT infrastructure teams.
- Expertise in leading transformation in a highly dynamic and innovative IT department
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Ability to translate the vision of leadership into actions for his or her team.
- Creative and strategic approaches to problem solving and an ability to tackle complex issues.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate technical concepts to a non- technical audience, work with senior leadership and elected officials across all business types, and the ability to present clear, concise, and compelling presentations to executives and elected officials.
- Demonstrated vendor management and project management skills.
- Experience in developing strong customer relationships and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to navigate a complex network infrastructure and data center environment and optimize the return on IT investments.
- Strong fiscal management and budgetary skills with a preference for FinOps experience.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package:
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Annual leave
- Longevity Leave
- Sick leave
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Annual Paid Holidays (14.5 per year)
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Virginia529 College Savings Plan
Click here for a full list of County Benefits
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Business, Public Administration, Information Systems, and other relevant and/or applicable studies and five (5) years of directly related, progressively responsible work experience including three (3) years in a supervisory or management role preferably in a government setting.
Senior-level experience in a large organization with direct responsibility for 24x7 systems including network, voice, end-point management, servers, and storage systems preferred.
This position is an executive level position and is subject to non-business work hour activities.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo fingerprinting, credit and DMV checks.