Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with inspiration, vision and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government?
Loudoun County’s Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a Network Architect in the Infrastructure and Network Services Division.
This position will:
- Designs complex networks, monitoring, connectivity, integration, and network management systems.
- Review current and new devices, applications, and protocols to ensure they are compatible.
- Oversee and review high-level designs and architecture to enforce proper design and integration.
- Review and oversee implementation of new protocols to ensure compatibility and maintain network stability and performance.
- Coordinate with DIT Security to maintain alignment with network security requirements.
- Serve as a Network Architect in support of the County network provide the highest level of customer service.
- Perform network architect tasks related to planning, design, additions, and upgrades to the network, including LAN, WAN, VoIP, Internet, Wireless and data networks.
- Act as a senior level architect, providing guidance to management and Network Engineers.
- Review implementation of projects related to the County Network and associated systems.
- Respond to design requests in the time frame and manner defined by the supervisor.
- Perceive, identify, and recommend designs and solutions to customer related issues.
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
- Review acquisition of equipment and track designs and projects in support of the data network.
- Provide oversight for the design, integration and implementation of all County networks, accessories, and other equipment.
- Assist with policies and procedures and lead preventative design and integration activities on all associated equipment.
- Coordinate and/or lead tactical and strategic design and planning efforts for all customer network related needs including integration and automation of network gear and services.
- Provide regular reports on communications/network systems architecture and maintain documentation related to network configuration, design, repairs, requests, actions taken and root cause analysis.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Expert level ability to strategically plan the architectural requirements for systems and associated equipment.
- Make design and integration recommendations associated with data networks and associated systems.
- Expert in strategic approaches to problem solving, and an ability to tackle complex issues.
- Demonstrated excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Expert level knowledge of network architecture, Internet, LAN, WAN, VoIP, VPN and data network routing protocols.
- Expert level understanding of networking technologies architecture and engineering, including experience with cabling and collaboration with telecommunications vendors.
- Ability to regularly learn and adopt new technology.
- Ability to align architectural decisions and recommendations to business needs.
Salary commensurate with experience.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package:
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Deferred Compensation Plan
- Annual leave
- Longevity Leave
- Sick leave
- Paid Family Medical Leave
- Annual Paid Holidays (14.5 per year)
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
- Virginia529 College Savings Plan
Click here for a full list of County Benefits
Requires education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree with major coursework in computer science or related field and five (5) years of professional experience in networking/information technology.
Extreme network related training, or certifications preferred.
- Ability to work in all outdoor conditions (temperature and weather conditions).
- Subject to recall 24/7 to provide critical network and system support.
- The Network Architect is considered essential personnel.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Background with Fingerprint, Credit Card and DMV Check Required