|Date Opened||5/11/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||11/21/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary Range||$79,911.85- $139,845.75|
|Department||TRANSPORTATION AND CAPITAL INFRASTRUCTURE|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County, Virginia, is seeking applicants for an experienced professional to serve as a Project Manager for the Transportation Capital Projects team, within the Department of Transportation and Capital Infrastructure (DTCI). As a Project Manager, you will oversee the design of transportation projects, to include new roads and roadway expansions, intersection improvements, and traffic signals. You will coordinate with other DTCI staff to acquire land and relocate utilities as part of the development for each project. You will be responsible for managing engineering design consultants through the pre-programming, pre-design, project design, plan development, land acquisition, utility relocation, and construction administration phases.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Develop and process transportation design plans in accordance to VDOT design standards and the VDOT Locally Administered Projects Manual, which includes review of layout, drainage, grading, erosion and sediment control, utility, maintenance of traffic, striping and signage, and traffic signal design plans, processing plans to obtain regulatory approvals, oversight of plan production and revisions through all phases of a project.
• Conduct field investigations and oversee environmental, subsurface, and floodplain analyses.
• Obtain permits necessary for project construction.
• Technical consultation reviews.
• Utility coordination, field inspections.
• Prepare presentations and reports and present information at public meetings and before the County's Board of Supervisors.
• Prepare specifications and construction documents.
• Prepare of scopes of work and requests for proposals to procure design services.
• Review drawings and documents to assure compliance with County and VDOT designs and production standards.
• Regularly report the status of projects to DTCI management.
• Manage consultant and contractor contracts.
The ideal candidate will possess excellent written and verbal skills. Project management, estimating, and scheduling skills are essential.
Salary commensurate with experience.
This position is eligible for telework in accordance with the County's Telework Policy.
Bachelor’s degree with engineering coursework or degree related to assigned area; three (3) years of professional engineering and construction management work experience of a complex nature with direct design as well as administrative experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
A Professional Civil Engineer license (P.E.) in the Commonwealth of Virginia, NICET certification, and/or Designated Plans Examiner certification is preferred.
Specialized knowledge, skills, and abilities required for this position include:
• Knowledge of the theories, principles, practices, and techniques of engineering.
• Current methods, techniques, and software as applied to the design, construction, and maintenance of public works infrastructure and complex building projects.
• Applicable building codes, engineering design standards, land development regulations, and ordinances.
• Automated design and project management systems.
• Strong project management skills, as well as computer skills including Microsoft Office applications and software related to engineering, construction management and project scheduling.
• Ability to effectively communicate ideas clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to analyze and verify complex design calculations.
• To establish and maintain effective working relationships with County officials, employees, contractors, code officials, and the general public.
• To read and interpret complex construction plans, specifications, plats, and deeds.
• To prepare clear, comprehensive, and concise technical and management reports.
Successful candidates will undergo a criminal background check including DMV and credit checks.