|Date Opened||12/6/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||2/27/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We celebrate the strengths of individuals and collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
Loudoun County's Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Aquatics Manager position. If you have an aquatics background, can foresee potential problems, and have the specialty skills needed to solve them, then this could be the position you’ve been looking for.
The Aquatics Manager will oversee seasonal operations of the County's Aquatics facilities to include hiring, training, staffing, and coordinating maintenance. Candidate will work with site Managers in overseeing consistency of the outdoor and indoor aquatics programs offered by PRCS. The successful candidate will establish and ensure the standards for Lifeguard education and training are met. Other job duties include
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Develop program brochure content to serve all segments of a diverse population.
• Supervise aquatics staff and seasonal staff supporting program.
• Works with contractor and staff to ensure proper preseason startup, and winterization of outdoor aquatic facilities.
• Respond to customer service issues related to PRCS aquatics; utilize problem-solving skills to devise solutions.
• Monitor revenue and expenditure of PRCS Aquatics programs
• Ensure sites are maintaining appropriate level of staffing based on lifeguarding standards, policies, and procedures.
• Coordinates and ensures emergency preparedness for safety, medical and pool facility emergencies; establishes safety protocols and procedures.
• Maintains accurate and complete daily maintenance logs and records.
*Successful candidates must be willing to work a very flexible work schedule; to include early mornings, days, evenings, and weekends to meet program needs*
Salary commensurate with experience
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Education and Career Development
• Bachelor’s degree; three (3) years of related work experience in aquatics recreation programs; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Position requires Pool Operators license, American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguard, WSI, First Aid/CPR certifications and First Aid/ CPR Instructor certification.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
· Preferred additional training and/or experience related to building systems, to include HVAC and pool mechanical systems.
· Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT), Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT), and Certified Parks and Recreational Professional (CPRP) preferred.
Criminal Background, Credit, and DMV background checks required.