|Date Opened||11/22/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||6/12/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We celebrate the strengths of individuals and collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
We are seeking a summer Park Assistant Managers located at various regional parks throughout the county. As a member of the leadership team, you will assist with the enforcement of park rules, regulations and the development and implementation of the park use and operation plan. A successful candidate will have a strong focus on customer service and attention to details a to assist with administrative duties.
PRCS serves a diverse population including but not limited to youth, adults, individuals with disabilities, and seniors.
We are currently hiring for Park Assistant Manager at the following locations:
· Franklin Park, Purcellville, VA
· Lovettsville Community Park, Lovettsville, VA
· Hal & Berni Hanson Regional Park, Aldie, VA
· Claude Moore Park, Sterling, VA
· Philip A Bolen Memorial Park, Leesburg, VA
*May include additional sites throughout Loudoun County*
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Overseeing patrons, guest and renters participating in parks programming and safe usage of amenities
· Assist in facility and park maintenance
· Supervising seasonal park staff and, in the absence of manager & assistant manager, assist the permanent park staff.
· Prioritizing the health, safety, and company service standards to all our external and internal customers
· Promoting a professional cross-team environment and participating in staff meeting/events
*Flexible availability needed from May 2023 to September 2023. Work schedule varies and will include mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays*
High school diploma or equivalent; four (4) years of directly related parks and recreation
program management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Related degree in Parks and Recreation, Environmental Educational and/or Natural Resources
Pass pre-employment criminal, credit and DMV background checks.
Must have valid driver’s license
First Aid/CPR and pool certifications prior to hire or immediately upon hire