|Date Opened||1/10/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
Do you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the energy and excitement of working with youth? Are you looking for a position that will make a difference in the lives of those in your community? Then become part of the Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services Children’s After School team!
We have an immediate opening for a year-round After School Specialist, located in Leesburg, VA. The County's After School Activities (CASA) program is a state licensed after school program for elementary school age children currently operating at 49 sites. The specialist may also support the County’s Youth After School (YAS) program, operating at 12 middle schools.
After School Specialists utilize strong organization and management skills to oversee the planning and implementation of age-appropriate activities and provide supervision of CASA and/or YAS site staff.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Hiring, training, monitoring, and evaluating the work of staff of up to 10 different elementary or middle school locations in the County.
• Assesses and identifies program needs and design programs/activities and provide program evaluation.
• Strong administrative skills and attention to detail are required to ensure programs are in compliance with Virginia licensing requirements and standards monitoring, as well as maintaining, staff and participant records, assisting with budget development and management, which includes participant registration and fee payments.
• A customer service focus and strong communication skills are needed to maintain open and professional communications with students, parents, volunteers and substitutes for CASA and YAS site staff as needed.
Work schedule is somewhat flexible but is generally 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
*Salary commensurate with experience*
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Education and Career Development
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.|