|Date Opened||12/22/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Salary Range||$43,607.47 - $58,870.08|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS), a CAPRA accredited agency, is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
The Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a Maintenance Technician II position at Bolen Park in Leesburg, VA.
The Maintenance division provides support to multiple areas within the department such as mowing, ballfield maintenance and renovation, equipment repairs, facility maintenance, emergency response, special event support and special projects. This position works to support the Maintenance Coordinator in the implementation of park maintenance as well as any special events or projects.
This position is responsible for training and supervising staff in department maintenance techniques, proper equipment uses and care, and following all safety precautions.
Maintenance Technician II positions require skills used to perform general grounds maintenance tasks such as:
• Mowing and trimming
• Trash removal
• Athletic field preparation for daily use, tournaments, and special events
• Turf management
• Trail and woodland maintenance
General maintenance is needed during all seasons of the year on indoor and outdoor projects. Senior Maintenance Technician positions require the skills needed to perform tasks such as:
• General painting and carpentry
• Inspection of buildings, facilities, and grounds
• Preparation and breakdown for special events
• Snow removal during the winter months at various sites throughout assigned areas
Basic mechanical skills are needed to operate and perform preventative maintenance on machinery, equipment, vehicles, and tools as necessary to complete tasks. Successful candidates should demonstrate strong functional skills and leadership ability.
Must be willing to work a flexible schedule which will vary and include early mornings and evenings, weekend hours required as well. This position is subject to call for "Essential 24 hour operations". Moderate physical effort, including lifting is required.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• High school diploma or equivalent, preferably with coursework in semi-skilled carpentry, basic trades, or landscaping based on assigned area; two (2) years of related work experience in grounds maintenance and/or basic general maintenance inclusive of some level of performance in a supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record (driving records may be reviewed annually for continued qualification.
• First Aid Certification or the ability to obtain certification within 30 days is required
Salary Commensurate with Experience
• OSHA certification as a forklift operator
• Membership in Virginia Recreation and Park Society
• Grounds maintenance and/or field preparations with graduation from a technical school
• Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, credit, and DMV checks
• Hold or obtain a Commercial Pesticide Applicator's/Fertilizer Applicator License within 4 months of hire
• Obtain First Aid/CPR certifications within 30 days of hire.
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.|