|Date Opened||1/23/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We celebrate the strengths of individuals and collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
We’re seeking a world-class leader to deploy their unique and interpersonal skill to serve our diverse community. As a Manager On Duty, you will oversee and provides general supervision of the assigned center, its day-to-day operations, and customer service standards in the absence of management. A successful candidate will have experience in automated systems, cash handling/payments, supervising staff and handling conflicts.
PRCS serves a diverse population including but not limited to youth, adults, individuals with disabilities, and seniors.
We are currently hiring for Manager On Duty at the following locations:
• Dulles South Recreation and Community Center, South Riding VA
• Claude Moore Recreation and Community Center, Sterling VA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversees and supervises assigned staff or volunteers in day-to-day operations; ensures facility is operating in
accordance with associated service standards.
• Oversees and coordinates maintenance needs, facility conditions, and the general safety of the building and
grounds of the recreation center
• Assists customers or visitors of the facility with class registrations, payments, room scheduling, and other needs
• Directs and supervises assigned staff in space set-up/take down needs for programming and/or special events.
• Coordinates and supports center-related contracts with vendors for services, materials, and/or equipment.
• May perform other essential job functions
*Schedule vary by location, and special events, primarily between the times of 5:00am to 12:00am*
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
High school diploma or equivalent; one (1) year of related experience in parks, recreation, or facility management with at least six (6) months experience in a task supervision, team lead, or formal supervisory capacity; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
• Membership in Virginia Recreation and Park Society and/or the National Recreation and Parks Association
• Experience in the hospitality industry, overseeing functions for special events and banquets
• Proficiency with automated systems and Microsoft office 365 suite
• Pass criminal, credit, CPS, and DMV, background checks.
• Pass TB test within 30 days of hire and each year thereafter.
• First Aid/CPR certifications within 30 days of hire.
• Have or take OSHA (Bloodborne pathogens) training within 30 days of hire.
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.|