|Date Opened||12/6/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open Continuous|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) - connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. We are a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks, and Programs
Do you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the energy and excitement of working with youth? Are you looking for a position that will make a difference in the lives of those in your community? Then become part of the Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services Children’s After School team!
We have an immediate opening for a year-round After School Program Facility Assistant. This unique position provides supervision of After School and/or Camp participants at various locations in the County. Program Facility Assistants utilize organization skills to assist with the planning and implementation of age-appropriate programs and activities for school age children including:
· Snack & homework time
· Special projects, and arts and crafts
· Indoor and outdoor games for children in grades K-5
Additional job duties include
· Aid with field trips and helps assure state childcare licensing standards are met.
· Enforce facility use rules and regulations as posted
· Ensures that all participants have vacated the facility and that facility is secured before leaving
· Assist with room set-up/take down
· Perform minor custodial duties such as sweeping and pulling trash
· Assist with Tournaments & Special Events
The Program Facility Assistant also provides evening and weekend oversight of Sports program participants according to program, facility and department policies and procedures. A customer service focus and strong communication skills are necessary. It is important to maintain open and professional communications with students, parents, volunteers and substitutes for site staff.
Successful candidates must be able to work flexible schedule, to include mornings, afternoons, evenings, and weekends, according to program schedule and or needs.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
· Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
· Annual leave
· Sick leave
· Annual Paid Holidays
· Group Health Plan
· Group Life Insurance
· Exceptional Performance Recognition
· Credit Union Membership
· Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
· Education and Career Development
· Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a high school diploma
· Virginia State licensing requires 6 months of experience supervising children during recreational or educational activities
· Valid driver's license required
· Must be able to lift 50 pounds and must be physically able to interact and keep up with children
Prefer previous experience working with the public
Successful candidate will undergo a criminal, child protective services and fingerprinting background checks.
· Must obtain certification in CPR and First Aid within 30 days of hire.
· Negative TB test within 30 days of hire
Salary Commensurate with Experience
|Fill out the Application NOW using the Internet.||If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.|