|Date Opened||11/22/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||6/1/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
Spend your summer leading fun activities for our communities!
Employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work to enrich the lives of the children in your care. We are seeking applicants to work our summer Camp Supervisor position. A successful candidate will be passionate, energetic, and skilled at leading children and youth of all ages.
PRCS summer camp programs serve a diverse population across the county at school sites, recreation centers, and community centers. In addition, camp participants will experience field trips with indoor and outdoor activities. Camp Supervisor are needed for the following programs:
· Daze Camps (Grades K-5)
· Fest Camps (Middle School)
· Adaptive Recreation Camps (School Aged Individuals with Disabilities)
· Community Centers (Preschool-Grade 8)
· Recreation Centers (Preschool-Grade 8)
· Trip Camps (Grades 1-8)
*We also offer camps at park sites. To apply to work at a park camp, please see the Parks Camp Instructor posting*
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with children in the following:
· Attend weekly field trips and/or pool trips
· Work with other staff and in teams to supervise and coordinate indoor and outdoor games
· Organize and participate in arts, crafts, cooking and science projects
· Comply with Virginia State Licensing standards
· Various other fun activities with kids
· Provide consistent communicate with children and their parents/guardians.
*Positions are scheduled the month of June 2023 to August 2023. Workdays are Monday – Friday with flexible hours between 7:00am to 6:00pm. Consistent and/or On-Call scheduling is available and varies by location*
*Please include all applicable experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and all applicable experience working with inclusion or children with disabilities*
Certificate or similar credential reflecting 30 semester hours (or equivalent) of coursework in education, childcare, or a related discipline; six (6) months of program experience with children; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· One (1) year experience supervising children during recreational and educational activities
· CPR/First Aid Certification
Pass pre-employment fingerprinting and Child Protective Services (CPS) background checks.
Must have a valid driver’s Negative TB test prior to start
First Aid /CPR certifications (for infant/child/adult) within 30 days of hire.