|Date Opened||2/14/2023 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||5/10/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Salary Range||$37,409.08- $49,567.03|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
Loudoun County’s Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a part-time Childcare Assistant position. In addition to providing childcare, the Childcare Assistant will assist with planning and implementing educational activities. A successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively and work well within a team.
PRCS serves a diverse population including but not limited to youth, adults, individuals with disabilities, and seniors.
We are currently hiring at the following location:
• Loudoun Valley Community Center, Purcellville, VA
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Supervises children’s behaviors, communication, and involvement in program activities.
• Assists with planning and implementing educational and recreational activities.
• Communicates with parents and staff about the needs of the children.
• Performs daily health and site safety checks.
The work schedule for the program operates 7am-6pm each day.
High school diploma or equivalent; six (6) months of program experience with children.
Salary commensurate with experience
• Pass pre-employment fingerprinting and Child Protective Services (CPS) background checks.
• First Aid/CPR certifications prior to hire.
• Have or take OSHA (Bloodborne pathogens) and Daily Health Check training within 30 days of hire.
• Pass TB test within 30 days of hire and each year thereafter.