|Date Opened||10/20/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||5/18/2023 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS), a CAPRA accredited agency, is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
The Department of the Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services, Area Agency on Aging, is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Meals Program Assistant position available at the Leesburg Senior Center located in Leesburg, VA. This position will provide assistance with daily oversight for the Home Delivered Meals program. Duties include visits to congregate nutrition sites located in senior housing, always maintaining a clean work environment, working with volunteers to ensure health and county food serving guidelines are followed.
Additional job responsibilities include:
• Complete monthly schedules of Home Delivered Meal volunteers; assign routes and days, substituting as necessary.
• Assist Home Delivered Meals Coordinator with participant re-assessments and other administrative duties.
• Provide excellent customer service while maintaining confidentiality at all times.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• High school diploma or equivalent; two (2) years of related experience working with senior and/or special populations; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Valid driver’s license required
Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel and specialized software programs preferred.
Successful candidate will:
• Undergo a criminal background, credit, and annual DMV record checks
• First Aid/CPR/AED, Food Service Sanitation Certification, Food Handlers Certificated and ServSafe required within ninety (90) days of hire.
• Pre-employment drug and alcohol screening required; the incumbent of this position must comply with the Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Program as outlined by Loudoun County's Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Policy for Transportation Employees.