|Date Opened||11/21/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
oudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
We’re seeking qualified applicants to fill multiple Maintenance Worker positions from early Spring to late Fall. This position will cover a variety of sites throughout Loudoun County. As a Maintenance Worker you will support youth sport events by performing various grounds keeping tasks, such as mowing, trimming, raking, and maintaining ball fields. Successful candidates will have a positive attitude, good communication skills, and are self-motivated.
PRCS serves a diverse population including but not limited to youth, adults, individuals with disabilities, and seniors.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Proper use of equipment for indoor and outdoor ground keeping, painting, general carpentry, and trash removal.
· Provide set up, break down and maintenance support for tournaments and special events.
· Perform physical activities and lifting with medium-to-heavy materials and occasionally with heavy materials over 60 lb.
· Subject to 24-hour essential and emergency response and/or snow removal
· Prioritizing the health, safety, and company service standards to all our external and internal customers
· Promoting a professional cross-team environment and participating in staff meeting/events
* Primary working conditions will be outdoors and will include exposure to weather. We offer flexible schedules - early mornings and weekends*
-One (1) year experience in ball field ground maintenance
-Successful candidates will undergo DMV and criminal background checks
-Must have valid driver's license
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.|