|Date Opened||12/12/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
Do you enjoy the rewards of working with and nurturing individuals with disabilities? We are seeking applicants for a part-time Summer Camp Leader for our Adaptive Recreation programming. Our camps offer participants opportunities to enjoy traditional recreation activities, as well as new experiences through leisure exploration and are designed to meet the individual needs of participants. A successful candidate will be passionate, energetic, and skilled at leading children and youth of all ages in fun activities.
As a camp leader you will utilize caregiving skills as needed to assist individuals with the following but not limited to; personal care/toileting, feeding, transferring to/from wheelchairs or adaptive equipment (lifting required), and adaptations and modifications of daily camp activities, life skills, behavior management.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Assist with the organization and supervision of age-appropriate recreational activities including arts, crafts, cooking and science projects
· Provide support during indoor and outdoor games
· Attend weekly field trips and/or pool trips
*Positions are scheduled the month of June 2023 to August 2023. Workdays are Monday – Friday with flexible hours between 8:45am to 4:15pm*
Please include all applicable experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and all applicable experience working with inclusion or children with disabilities
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a High School diploma
· Six (6) months of supervised programmatic experience with three (3) of the six (6) months working with individuals with disabilities
· Must be able to lift 75lbs and/or assist with camper transfers (ex: wheelchair to another surface).
*Applicants that have completed the 10th grade and have no related experience may be considered for a lower grade level position until the completion of high school*
· CPR/First Aid Certification
· Provide negative TB test result prior to beginning work
· Successfully pass CPS, fingerprinting, and criminal background checks
· Obtain CPR/First Aid certification for adult, infant and child within 30 days of hire
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.|