|Date Opened||11/18/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||12/11/2022 11:59:00 PM|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation & Community Services (PRCS) is dedicated to connecting all communities through exceptional people, parks, and programs. Our goal is to make Loudoun the community of choice through outstanding experiences while promoting diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility. We collaborate to deliver programs and community services that provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Come be a part of something that matters!
Spend your summer leading fun activities for our communities!
Employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work to enrich the lives of the children in your care. We are seeking applicants to work our summer Camp Leader position. A successful candidate will be passionate, energetic, and skilled at leading children and youth of all ages.
PRCS summer camp programs serve a diverse population across the county at school sites, recreation centers, and community centers. In addition, camp participants will experience field trips with indoor and outdoor activities. Camp Leaders are needed for the following programs:
· Daze Camps (Grades K-5)
· Fest Camps (Middle School)
· Community Centers (Preschool-Grade 8)
· Recreation Centers (Preschool-Grade 8)
· Trip Camps (Grades 1-8)
* Applicants interested in positions for Adaptive Recreation Camps (School Aged Individual with Disabilities) please apply to the Camp Leader – Summer Adaptive Recreation posting*
*We also offer camps at park sites. To apply to work at a park camp, please see the Parks Camp Instructor posting*
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, working with children in the following:
· Attend weekly field trips and/or pool trips
· Work with other staff and in teams to supervise and coordinate indoor and outdoor games
· Organize and participate in arts, crafts, cooking and science projects
· Comply with Virginia State Licensing standards
· Various other fun activities with kids
· Provide consistent communicate with children and their parents/guardians.
*Positions are scheduled the month of June 2023 to August 2023. Workdays are Monday – Friday with flexible hours between 7:00am to 6:00pm. Consistent and/or On-Call scheduling is available and varies by location*
*Please include all applicable experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and all applicable experience working with inclusion or children with disabilities*
· Any combination of education and experience equivalent to High School diploma
· Six (6) months supervising children during recreational or educational activities.
*Applicants that have completed the 10th grade may be considered for a lower grade level position until the completion of high school*
· CPR/First Aid Certification
· Provide negative TB test result prior to beginning work
· Successfully pass CPS, fingerprinting, and criminal background checks
· Obtain CPR/First Aid certification for adult, infant and child within 30 days of hire