|Date Opened||6/7/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Salary Range||$80,841.29 - $145,514.33|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County, Virginia, is located approximately 35 miles outside Washington, DC and is recognized as one of the fastest growing counties in the entire United States. Loudoun’s thriving and diverse local economy continues to expand and plays a key role in the Northern Virginia region by participating in regional undertakings including those related to transportation/transit and road infrastructure, parks, mental health, public safety, and economic development.
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Are you looking for a management position in a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy working with a variety of people? Then become part of the Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services team. PRCS is currently seeking qualified applicants for the Division Manager, Aging Services. This position also serves as the Director of the Area Agency on Aging (AAA).
As a member of the department’s Leadership Team, primary responsibilities include managing county-wide, state licensed adult day care centers, senior centers, and multiple aging programs and services. As Division Manager, you will ensure the highest quality of services are available and provided to seniors, their caregivers and families in the community.
The successful candidate will establish long and short-term goals for the division and oversee the implementation and attainment of service area program goals.
Additional job duties include:
• Manages development and submission of the Virginia Department for Aging & Rehabilitative Services (DARS) mandated annual Area Plan and Budget contract with Loudoun County government.
• Manages division budget and oversees multiple federal and state grants; ensures compliance with federal, state and county requirements.
• Ensures departmental performance evaluation objectives and deadlines are met.
• Develops and review policies and procedures with key staff, actively contribute to department’s strategic planning process and manages the implementation of objectives.
• Develops management plan for all areas and provide oversight for large and complex departmental budgets.
• Directly supervises staff and oversees a large number of full-time and some part time staff.
• Serves as a mandated advocate for needs, programs, and service for older adults.
• Serves as staff liaison to the Commission on Aging and collaborates with other advisory groups, committees, and organizations.
• Serves on the Board of the Virginia Association of Area Agencies on Aging.
• Serves as policy board member of the Northern Virginia Regional Long Term Care Ombudsman Program.
• Collaborates with the Northern Virginia Aging Network, a renowned advocacy group.
• Reviews and comments on state and local aging related legislation
• Oversees AAA participation in private/public efforts to expand resources for the elderly and promotes use of AAA services and programs through multiple outreach avenues.
• Ensures that interests of County, Department, Agency, and seniors are represented at meetings of multiple groups and organizations at federal, state, regional and local level including Northern Virginia Aging Network, Virginia Association of Area Agencies on Aging, National Association of Area Agencies on Aging.
• Conveys state level information, changes, amendments to County and Department.
• Conducts various presentations to multiple aging related groups in Loudoun, Northern Virginia, and the Commonwealth of Virginia.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Education and Career Development
• Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s degree in Gerontology, Public Administration, Public Health, Health Administration or related field
•Four (4) years of directly related, progressively responsible work experience including three (3) years in a supervisory or management role preferably in a government setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Valid Driver’s License required.
Salary Commensurate with Experience
• Membership in the Virginia Recreation and Park Society, National Recreation and Park Association are beneficial to the position.
• Membership in Virginia Association of Area Agencies on Aging (V4A), National Association of Area Agencies on Aging (formerly known as N4A, now known as USAging), Northern Virginia Aging Network (NVAN).
Criminal background, credit checks and DMV records check required.