|Date Opened||6/22/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||4/4/2023 2:03:00 PM|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Do you want to make a difference in one of the fastest-growing counties in the United States? Can you work as part of a team, with inspiration, vision, and creativity? Are you passionate about the role of technology in supporting the mission of local government? Loudoun County's Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a talented, highly motivated individual to serve as Report Developer Analyst for the County.
The Report Developer will assist the Data and Analytics team in supporting the discovery, development and publication of various data sets, reports, and dashboards to provide business insights to help meet the various County departments needs.
This position will need to work with key stakeholders to document data sources and associated data artifacts as well as gather requirements to build reports and dashboards. In addition, the position requires skills for customer engagement, collaboration and communication with business partners, data users, vendors for COTS products and other key stakeholders across the county and the ability to operate in a fast-paced environment.
The job would require strong proficiency in SQL programming and query writing with the ability to visualize the data sets under minimal guidance and supervision.
Specific job requirements include:
- Develop and build analytic reports/dashboards from conception to publication
- Identify appropriate data sources and the existing relationships to develop reliable metrics
- Collaborating with internal business resources and technical teams/SMEs to understand various data sources and to gather requirements to build data visualizations.
- Update existing BI reports to accommodate the business needs and provide user support including training for business/department users.
- Perform troubleshooting at all levels such as database query, report interfaces etc.
- Along with experience in report development, this position requires some experience with data quality, data profiling and metadata management.
- Creating documentation for end user consumption.
The successful candidate should also exhibit - Excellent analytical and technical skills. - Excellent written, verbal, communication and presentation skills.
Salary commensurate with experience
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and at least two (2) years of experience supporting report development initiatives. Technical expertise in SQL server database environment is strongly preferred. Experience with Oracle a plus. Experience in using various BI tools such as PowerBI, SSRS is preferable.
Local government experience preferred. Certifications preferred:
Microsoft SQL Certifications, PowerBI (PL300) Certifications, Database- Specialty, Data Analytics-Specialty, Microsoft Azure or AWS Certifications, Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation certification (ITIL), Project Management Professional certification (PMP), or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM).
The successful candidate will undergo a CJIS/Fingerprint background check.