Are you a passionate individual, committed to helping others? Do you enjoy being an advocate for the individuals you support? It is our mission to connect individuals and their families with person-centered, recovery-oriented services and supports in partnership with the Loudoun community.
The Department of Mental Health, Substance Abuse and Developmental Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full time (37.5 hour week) PSR Team Coordinator for the Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services Program at Friendship House in Leesburg, VA.
This position provides clinical, administrative and supervisory responsibility to the PSR (psychosocial rehabilitation) team. The PSR Team Coordinator works to coordinate person centered recovery based mental health services in a community setting by providing assessment, treatment planning, clinical care management, crisis intervention, leading groups and overseeing PSR services of individuals to ensure needs and goals are being met.
Psychosocial Rehabilitation Services (PSR) provides program and service activities based on a curriculum model of psychosocial rehabilitation to adults with serious mental illness demonstrating clinical necessity for this service. This is a fast paced, community integration oriented position geared to helping adults in service to engage in their recovery process and to function at their highest level of independence in their community.
The PSR Team Coordinator conducts assessments, maintains documentation and clinical records according to federal, state and agency policies and procedures; must assure compliance with DBHDS licensure and Medicaid requirements; demonstrates the ability to lead and coordinate a clinical team providing services in the community; and must be able to maintain a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the PSR program.
HIRING RANGE: $60,103.87-$82,642.82 - Salary commensurate with experience.
- Master's degree in a field eligible for professional licensure as: Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW); Licensed Professional Counselor (LPC); Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT); Licensed Clinical Psychologist (LCP); or other licensure where permitted and one (1) years professional experience working with individuals who have a mental health and/or substance abuse diagnosis.
- Must possess an active license in good standing by appropriate Virginia licensing board for the scope of the assigned program, to include: LCSW, LPC,LCP or LMFT
- General knowledge in the principles and practices of community mental health, wellness and recovery and psychosocial rehabilitation for individuals with serious mental illness.
- Must demonstrate the ability to function as a member of a clinical team.
- Must have a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
- Must be able to wear County-issued N-95 mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shield, mask, apron, gown, gloves, etc.
- Ability to record, synthesize and report data.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively orally and in writing.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work independently.
- Ability to evaluate client needs and provide effective community skills training/support.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, other agencies, clients, client families and the general public.
- Fulfill Essential Duties related to Category A, as detailed in MHSADS List of Essential Duties.
- The job functions may involve unpredictable and unavoidable risk of exposure requiring special safety precautions (exposure to blood or bodily fluids, aggressive behaviors, etc).
- Be available to work during inclement weather, in accordance with Departmental Policy (#ADM.112 Inclement Weather Staffing).
- Must be fitted for N-95 (or similar) mask and other safety personal protective equipment (PPE) such as mask, apron, gloves, face shield, etc. to safely provide on-site services in Friendship House building.
- May be required to work and may be assigned to an alternative work site to carry out duties that support the needs of the County's residents or employees.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing pre-employment background check to include fingerprinting, credit, NCIC, DMV and TB test. Must have a good driving record and a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development