Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS), a CAPRA accredited agency, is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks, and Programs
The Department of Parks, Recreation, and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Trails Program Manager. This position will manage and supervise the county-wide Linear Parks and Trails Plan (LPAT) in various areas such as design, construction, maintenance, renovation, public engagement, and other trail-related activities.
As Trails Program Manager, you will conduct research, develop planning studies, and prepare design solutions for the program. Excellent communications skills are needed to build partnerships and ensure the successful implementation of LPAT plans.
Essential job duties include:
• Supervise staff and provide work instruction to volunteers and other stakeholders.
• Manages all phases of several trail development projects.
• Collaborates with key project staff to develop, lead, and implement projects that advance LPAT objectives.
• Collaborates with a range of internal and external partners, including public trail and outdoor recreation groups and associations.
• Compiles, develops and maintains project action plans and data points to ensure projects are completed as scheduled and budgeted.
• Provides status report presentations to leadership.
• Ensures compliance with laws and regulations.
• Assists in identifying and preparing grant applications for trail projects.
Participation in periodic evening meetings after normal business hours and/or on the weekend is expected.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Education and Career Development