Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Loudoun County's Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Aquatics Manager position. If you have an aquatics background, are able to foresee potential problems and have the specialty skills needed to solve them, then this could be the position you've been looking for. The Aquatics Manager will oversee seasonal operations of the County's Aquatics facilities to include hiring, training, staffing and coordinating maintenance. Candidate will work with site Managers in overseeing consistency of the outdoor and indoor aquatics programs offered by PRCS. The successful candidate will establish and ensure the standards for Lifeguard education and training are met.
Other job duties include:
- Develop program brochure content to serve all segments of a diverse population
- Supervise aquatics staff and seasonal staff supporting program
- Works with contractor and staff to ensure proper preseason startup, and winterization of outdoor aquatic facilities
- Respond to customer service issues related to PRCS aquatics; utilize problem-solving skills to devise solutions
- Monitor revenue and expenditure of PRCS Aquatics programs
- Ensure sites are maintaining appropriate level of staffing based on lifeguarding standards, policies, and procedures
- Coordinates and ensures emergency preparedness for safety, medical and pool facility emergencies; establishes safety protocols and procedures
- Maintains accurate and complete daily maintenance logs and records
Successful candidates must be willing to work a very flexible work schedule; to include early mornings, days, evenings and weekends to meet program needs.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
HIRING RANGE: $58,071.37-$79,848.14
Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Bachelor's degree and three years related work experience including previous supervisory and programming responsibilities required
- Position requires Pool Operators license, American Red Cross (ARC) Lifeguard, WSI, First Aid/CPR certifications and First Aid/ CPR Instructor certification
- All required certifications must be indicated on application to be considered for recruitment
- Preferred additional training and/or experience related to building systems, to include HVAC and pool mechanical systems
- Lifeguard Instructor Trainer (LGIT), Water Safety Instructor Trainer (WSIT), and Certified Parks and Recreational Professional (CPRP) preferred
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Criminal Background, Credit, DMV Record and Child Protective Services (CPS) checks required