Loudoun County Family Services is seeking qualified candidates to fill the Family Partnership Meetings Facilitator, FPMF, position.
This position will be responsible for:
- Developing a safety, permanency and supportive plan for children and families.
- Increasing family engagement in all child and adult welfare practices.
- Promoting collaboration amongst families, staff, and service providers for successful plan implementation.
This position requires the candidate to facilitate the Family Partnership Meeting, FPM, as an impartial person respecting diverse family cultural, ethnic, and religious beliefs and values. Additionally, the candidate is expected to use solution focused, strengths-based and trauma-informed perspectives and strategies for accomplishing the service goals.
Additional key responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Preparing family members and service providers for the FPM to include explaining the process, purpose and the values underlying the approach.
- Coordinating meeting times to coincide with critical and prompt service delivery.
- Ensuring adequate space availability for meetings.
- Contacting parties to be invited and soliciting additional family and/or community partner participation.
- Assisting in addressing family members concerns prior to the FPM and identifying family goals to be included in the family plan.
- Diffusing conflict and promoting permanency and safety of children involved for successful development of a safety and permanency plan.
- Prepare and develop the FPM Plan respecting the dignity and opinions of all parties and document in Oasis.
- Uploading FPM Plans into the Oasis(state)System following each FPM.
- Attending pre-FPM meetings with the caseworker, the guardian-ad-litem and other parties as needed.
The incumbent must demonstrate the capacities to: Use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems. Listen actively to gather and analyze pertinent and relevant information. Communicate information and ideas orally and in writing with great clarity that promotes understanding. Negotiate skillfully to resolve issues objectively. Organize and plan skillfully. Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with s family members, agency staff, and community partners. Work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of families served.
HIRING RANGE: $57,146.65-$77,147.96 Salary commensurate with experience.
Requires a Bachelor's degree in Social Work and/or related field and 3 years of child welfare experience. Master's degree in related behavioral health field preferred. A valid resident driver's license.
- Prior documented Family Partnership Meeting Training per VDSS guidelines.
- Prior Family Engagement Meeting facilitation experience is required.
- Spanish language skills preferred.
- May be assigned and required to work at an alternate site(s) to carry out duties that support operational needs.
- Must be available for duty beyond normal workday as required to perform the functions of the position for the assigned program.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, credit, child protective services, CPS, and DVM checks.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development