NOTICE: LCSO has a new electronic Applicant Screening Questionnaire that must be completed and submitted within 5 business days of the date you submit your application in order for your application to be considered for the position. Failure to complete and submit the electronic questionnaire will disqualify you from this recruitment. CLICK HERE FOR APPLICANT SCREENING QUESTIONNAIRE
The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office is seeking qualified applicants for full-time Dispatcher positions located at the Emergency Communications Center. The position is a 42-hour work week, may include rotating shifts and on-call for emergency situations. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Maintain thorough knowledge of the telephone equipment and its usage.
- Receive calls for service from the public and promptly determine the urgency of the call.
- Processing the call efficiently and accurately while maintaining a professional, courteous and reassuring demeanor with the callers.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and accurately enter calls for service into the Computer Aided Dispatch system.
- Maintain thorough knowledge and control of the radio equipment and dispatch appropriate units.
$27.36/hour - $36.93/hour
(Salary Commensurate With Experience)
Requires a high school diploma or equivalent, and two (2) years experience working in a call center or customer service capacity. Must be a US Citizen or current legal resident of the United States for 10 consecutive years.
Applicants with less than 2 years work experience may be considered at a lower classification with a salary range of $21.50/hour - $29.03/hour (Salary Commensurate With Experience)
Selected candidate must successfully complete the below training and certifications within one year of employment:
- Basic Dispatcher School CPR/AED certifications
- Association of Public Safety Communications Officers (APCO) Public Safety Telecommunicator (PST) Certification
- Successful completion of Internal LCSO Call Taker Training
- Department of Homeland Security/FEMA National Incident Management System (NIMS) 100, 200, 700 and 800
- Emergency Police Dispatch (EPD)
- Emergency Medical Dispatch (EMD)
- Emergency Fire Dispatch (EFD)
- VCIN/NCIC certification
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
All applicants must complete and submit the online Applicant Screening Questionnaire within 5 days of submitting your online County employment application. Selection process includes review of the Applicant Screening Questionnaire and County application, in-person interview(s), successfully passing the CritiCall computer simulation test, and an intensive background investigation to include fingerprinting, credit check, driving record, polygraph examination, psychological evaluation, and medical physical examination to include drug screening.