|Date Opened||11/10/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Salary Range||$46,488.83- $79,031.01|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
The Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services is currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Horticulture Technician at the Hal and Berni Hanson Regional Park located in Leesburg, VA. Hal and Berni Hanson Park is a brand-new facility featuring numerous athletic fields, event lodge and nature center, playground, disk golf course, and more! The new 257-acre park offers a wide variety of programs to serve the community.
The Maintenance Division at PRCS manages landscapes at a diverse group of municipal facilities and is dedicated to keeping our customers? sites safe, easily used, and attractive. We're passionate about plants, science, productivity, and solving problems.
Job duties include:
- Herbicide and pesticide applications
- Complex pruning, installation, and watering of high-value plantings
- Root-flare excavations; invasive exotic management, field-editing of plantings, and precision fertilization.
Primary responsibilities are as follows:
-Oversee and perform herbicide and pesticide applications program in accordance with State and Federal standards
- Organize, supervise, and perform specialized tasks including mechanical weed control, pruning, watering, fertilization, and planting
- Develop and implement work schedules and annual plans to meet program goals.
- Coordinate with other Horticulture staff/contractors on scheduling, budget and program priorities
- Manage materials, supplies and equipment
- Create and maintain vehicles, machinery, and tools
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
Physical work is required and includes extensive walking on uneven terrain. Work is outdoors, year-round, in extremes of heat and cold. Must be able to lift and move 50 to 100 pounds.