Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Do you enjoy the challenge of a fast-paced environment? Do you enjoy the energy and excitement of working with youth? Are you looking for a position that will make a difference in the lives of those in your community? Then become part of the Department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services Children's After School team!
We have an immediate opening for a year-round After School Specialist, located in Leesburg, VA. The County's After School Activities (CASA) program is a state licensed after school program for elementary school age children currently operating at 48 sites. After School Specialists utilize strong organization and management skills to oversee the planning and implementation of age-appropriate activities and provide supervision of CASA site staff.
- Hiring, training, monitoring, and evaluating the work of staff of up to 10 different elementary school locations in the County
- Assesses and identifies program needs and design programs/activities and provide program evaluation
- Strong administrative skills and attention to detail are required to ensure programs are in compliance with Virginia licensing requirements and standards monitoring, as well as maintaining, staff and participant records, assisting with budget development and management, which includes participant registration and fee payments
- A customer service focus and strong communication skills are needed to maintain open and professional communications with students, parents, volunteers and substitutes for CASA site staff as needed
Work schedule is somewhat flexible but is generally 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
HIIRNG RANGE: $46,488.83-$62,759.92
Salary Commensurate with Experience
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Associate's degree in recreation, education or related field
- Three (3) years' experience operating and supervising children's recreational and instructional activities
- Virginia State licensing requires additional experience supervising children during recreational or educational activities
- Programmatic experience and prior staff supervision experience required and must be indicated on application
- Valid driver's license required.
- Must have certification in First Aid, CPR for adult, infant and child and a negative TB test prior to beginning work
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Criminal background, Child Protective Services (CPS), credit and DMV checks required