|Date Opened||6/20/2022 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Salary Range||$46,713.41- $79,412.80|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS), a CAPRA accredited agency, is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Loudoun County's Department of Parks, Recreation and Community Services is currently seeking qualified applicants for an Aquatics Supervisor position at the Dulles South Recreation & Community Center in South Riding, VA. Dulles South is a state-of-the-art facility featuring indoor pools, a multipurpose gymnasium and jogging track, fitness room, and climbing wall. As the Aquatics Supervisor you will oversee Natatorium operations.
If you enjoy aquatics, are able to foresee potential problems and have the specialty skills needed to solve them, then this could be the position you’ve been looking for. Careful planning and the ability to anticipate issues are qualities we particularly value. People with a positive mindset and proactive work-style are just what our customers expect. Reporting to the Aquatics Coordinator, top priorities for this position will include:
• Maintaining a constant watch on all natatorium activities, managing and supervising staff, and assisting with clerical and administrative duties.
• Maintain daily/weekly chemical readings and levels to health code standards, perform pool equipment maintenance as needed, assist in the programming and evaluation of special events, programs, and activities, and manage Emergency Action Plans when activated.
Successful candidates will:
• Inspire others by example to ethically achieve organizational goals and objectives
• Have the capacity for logical, analytical and rational thinking
• Be able to work a flexible schedule to include early mornings, nights, and weekends
• Strive to exceed expectations, foster relationships with positive and effective communication
• Demonstrate competency working with innovative and evolving technology and equipment.
• Perform strenuous work that may require lifting 20 lbs., swimming, and climbing
• Be aware there may be occasional health emergencies which may require administration of CPR and/or First Aid and/or contact with emergency response agencies
• Be aware there will be occasional maintenance/cleaning of pool area and/or bathrooms which may require performance to meet standard cleaning procedures and universal precautions
• Have exposure to chemicals such as chlorine, acids, and other cleaning supplies
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
• Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
• Annual leave
• Sick leave
• Annual Paid Holidays
• Group Health Plan
• Group Life Insurance
• Exceptional Performance Recognition
• Credit Union Membership
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• High school diploma or equivalent; four (4) years of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience
Salary Commensurate with Experience
• Membership in the Virginia Recreation and Park Society is beneficial to the position
• WSI and AFO (NRPA) or CPO (NSPF) preferred
-Criminal background, DMV, Fingerprinting, Child Protective Services (CPS) and credit checks required.
-AED and Supplemental Oxygen certifications within 90 days of hire (within 90 days of hire)
-Pool Operator’s License, Lifeguard and First Aid/CPR- PR certifications (prior to hire)
- Lifeguard Instructor (within 90 days of hire)