The Loudoun County Department of General Services is seeking qualified applicants for a Systems Maintenance Technician II vacancy within the Facilities Support Division, to work on the County's Emergency Response Power Team (ERP). This position will install, operate, maintain, and repair emergency power equipment and devices throughout the County.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Responding to emergency calls related to power issues and uninterruptible power systems
- Connecting existing equipment, telecom, and network systems to auxiliary power in emergency situations
- Diagnosing and overseeing repair and maintenance of complex electrical systems, and will complete some repairs directly
- Setup and maintenance of both mounted and portable generators to provide critical emergency power as needed throughout the County
- Inspecting and coordinating equipment shutdowns and exercises
- Assisting with the VDOT traffic signal program within the County
- Conducting periodic mechanical systems inspections in critical County facilities
- Providing superior customer service at all times
HIRING RANGE: $21.50 - $29.03
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Loudoun County Regular Full-Time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development
Requires a High School diploma or equivalent; two (2) years of related work experience in MEP trades (mechanical/electrical/plumbing) and installing and maintaining commercial mechanical systems, devices, and equipment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Prefer proficiency in Building Automation Systems and MS Office products. Knowledge of generator-based electrical power and overall generator mechanics is preferred, to include diesel, propane, and/or natural gas engine experience. Prefer man lift, fork lift, and bucket truck certifications.
Requires a valid driver's license. Requires EVOC training and a valid Universal CFC certification within 6 months of hire. Requires Arc Flash Safety Training (OSHA) within one year of hire. Electrician Tradesman License at the Journeyman or Master Tradesman level is preferred. Subject to recall and/or being held beyond scheduled workday if required by County or departmental requirements. Respond to County emergencies (24/7) as directed in accordance with Department policy and written or verbal directive. This position is considered essential.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background checks to include fingerprinting and DMV record checks.