|Date Opened||11/8/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Department||PARKS AND RECREATION|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
|Benefits||Varies by position|
Loudoun County’s Parks, Recreation and Community Services is seeking applicants for part-time Camp Supervisors. Are you interested in a job with flexible hours? Do you enjoy the rewards of working with and nurturing youth? Would you like to be part of an award-winning program? Then join the department of Parks, Recreation & Community Services and become part of our Camp experience.
As a Camp Supervisor you will employ your unique skills to do important and meaningful work. Your experience with PRCS camps will give you the opportunity to be a positive role model and enrich the lives of the children in your care.
Additional job duties include:
- Attend seasonal weekly field trip and/or pool trips
- Supervise and coordinate indoor and outdoor games
- Organize and participate in arts, crafts, cooking and science projects
Various other fun activities
Positions are available throughout the year, including the summer and school year. Work days are Monday – Friday with flexible hours that will fall between 7:00 AM – 6:00 PM. Locations will vary, but will be located at Community Centers, Recreation Centers and schools throughout Loudoun County.
Camp Leaders are need for the following programs:
Summer Daze Camps for children in grades K-5
- Summer Daze Camps for children in grades K-5
- Summer Fest Camps for middle school age
- Trip Camp programs for youth in grades 1-8
- Adaptive Recreation camp program working with school aged individuals with disabilities
- Camp programs located in Community Centers
School’s Out Camp provided at varying locations when public schools are closed.
Please include all applicable experience working with and/or supervising children on your application and all applicable experience working with inclusion or children with disabilities.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in education, recreation or related field from an accredited college or university.
- One year programmatic experience required.
- Certification in First Aid, CPR for adult, infant and child and negative TB test result required prior to beginning work
- Virginia State licensing requires additional experience supervising children during recreational or educational activities and must be at least 21 years of age
-Successful candidates will undergo fingerprinting and Child Protective Services (CPS) background checks
-Provide results of a negative TB test
-Have or become CPR/First Aid certified within 90 days of hire
|Fill out the Supplemental Questionnaire and Application NOW using the Internet.||If you have questions about how to apply online, you may contact us by phone at (703) 777-0213 or email us at HR@loudoun.gov. EOE.|