Loudoun County Parks, Recreation and Community Services (PRCS) is a team of talented professionals, driven by results and customer relationships, and committed to excellence. The effective delivery of programs and community services can provide social, personal, economic, and environmental benefits to last a lifetime. Be a part of something that matters!
PRCS- Creating Community through People, Parks and Programs
Loudoun County's Parks, Recreation and Community Services is seeking applicants for part-time Summer Camp Leaders with our Adaptive Recreation program. Adaptive Recreation Camps offer participants opportunities to enjoy traditional recreation activities, as well as new experiences through leisure exploration and are designed to meet the individual needs of participants.
Do you enjoy the rewards of working with and nurturing children of all abilities? Would you like to be part of an award-winning summer program? Are you interested in a summer job with flexible hours? Then we have a place for you!
Positions are available June through August 2022. Work days are Monday -Friday with flexible hours that will fall between 8:45 AM- 4:15 PM. Locations will be centrally located within Loudoun County.
As a Summer Camp Leader you will:
- Assist with the organization and supervision of age appropriate recreational activities including arts, crafts, cooking and science projects
- Provide support during indoor and outdoor games
- Attend weekly field trip and/or pool trips
- Utilize caregiving skills as needed to assist individuals with the following (not limited to): personal care/toileting, feeding, transferring to/from wheelchairs or adaptive equipment (lifting required), and adaptations and modifications of daily camp activities, life skills, behavior management.
Your experience with PRCS summer camps will give you the opportunity to be a positive role model, enrich the lives of the children in your care, and spend your summer having fun with kids.
Substitute positions are also available and should apply to this ad as well. Please include all applicable paid or volunteer experience working with and/or supervising individuals with differing abilities in a child care, recreation or educational setting.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a High School diploma.
- Virginia state licensing requires applicants to be 18 years of age and have six months of supervised programmatic experience
- Must be able to lift up to 75lbs and/or assist with camper transfers ex: wheelchair to another surface.
- Previous experience working with disabilities preferred and must be indicated on the application.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- Successful candidates will undergo criminal and credit background checks
- Provide results of a negative TB test
- Have or become CPR/First Aid certified within 90 days of hire