The Loudoun County Health Department is seeking qualified applicants for full-time Public Health Nurse/RN positions. Provide nursing services in the Community Health Division for the Loudoun County Health Department.
Services to include, but are not limited to: Family Planning, Sexually Transmitted Disease clinic, TB program, Immunization and the Communicable Disease programs. Work in a fast paced, multicultural and dynamic clinic.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Nursing assessment, accurate medical chart documentation, medication administration, critical thinking and effective communication with diverse clients
- Laboratory competencies, such as venipuncture and CLIA waived lab functions, ie: urine dip, pregnancy testing; collecting and preparing send out samples to offsite laboratory
- Independent assessment and administration of vaccines to adults and children
- Investigates outbreaks of disease; perform case investigations for reportable diseases;
- Ability to monitor, assess and implement patient care; collect and report data about services
Work schedule primarily consists of weekdays, Monday through Friday, with rare weekend and evening assignments. Preceptorship orientation provided.
**Positions pending board approval on December 15, 2020**
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's in Nursing and three (3) years directly related nursing experience
- Current, active Registered Nurse license in the Commonwealth of Virginia. Renew and maintain license in a timely manner, fulfilling all required continuing education requirement for licensure
- Must be able to wear County-issued N-95 mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shield, mask, gown, gloves, etc
- Must have CPR certification or obtain within first three months of employment
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and be able to work effectively with other health care professionals, community partners, patients and colleagues
- Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
- Must be computer literate with experience utilizing databases, email and software applications such as MS Office
- Master's in Nursing
- Minimum one (1) year experience in public or community health
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include fingerprinting, driving record check and TB test. Must have and maintain a valid driver's license in Virginia or regional state of residence.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development