Positions will be responsible for investigating cases of COVID- 19 and identifying contacts for tracing:
- Interviewing & Data Collection- Calls newly diagnosed cases and collects data on symptoms, exposures, and persons with whom they have been in contact while infectious; communicates with contacts in a professional and empathic manner, assuring them of the confidentiality of the information collected and explaining how the contact information will be utilized; collects and records information into statewide database and assures accuracy of data.
- Health Education - Provides cases with approved information about state isolation procedures and monitors compliance with isolation; alerts Epidemiologists if the case is associated with a congregate or other high risk setting that requires additional public health investigation or intervention; following established procedures and/ or script, incumbent will provide the ill individual with resources available for further information or support as needed.
- Data Entry & Maintenance- Utilizes established database( s) to identify newly diagnosed patients; inputs data collected (i.e. symptoms, contacts, etc.) into database and assures database is kept up to date; provides data from Case Investigation efforts to Epidemiologists and/ or Health Educators as necessary.
Performs functions of position independently and within established procedures and guidelines. Seeks supervisory guidance for non- routine or complex matters.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing and three (3) years of related nursing work experience, preferably in Public or Community Health or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse (RN) in the Commonwealth of VA
- Valied driver's license
Must be able to coordinate and be flexible with their schedule in order to accommodate the needs of the clients and Team.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal background, and driving record checks.