|Date Opened||2/18/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County Government is seeking a strategic information technology leader who wants to be part of a dynamic leadership team as the Assistant Director for Enterprise Systems in one of the fastest-growing counties in the country. The ideal candidate will be a solutions-oriented manager and strategic leader who inspires creative problem-solving and an excellent customer service mentality from his or her team. The future Assistant Director will share a passion for advancing the role of technology in supporting the mission of Loudoun County Government.
This position will:
- Lead the IT Team responsible for the management, maintenance and development of Enterprise applications supporting 30+ customer departments.
- Strategically plan enterprise systems in concert with the overall IT Technology Roadmap, ensuring that Loudoun County?s 5,000+ employees can make the best use of technology to serve the public.
- Support county-wide systems and projects to ensure alignment with business and technology strategies.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for the use of technology, including development of internal service level agreements with internal customers.
- Foster an environment that balances customer service, security concerns and changes in technology to provide business-oriented solutions that advance the mission of the County.
We are seeking an individual with:
- Ability to translate the vision of leadership into actions for his or her team.
- A proven track record of success in leading and managing professional IT teams.
- Expertise in leading transformation in a highly dynamic and innovative IT environment.
- Experience in effectively managing cross-functional teams, influencing key stakeholders across the organization and within complex contexts.
- Creative and strategic approaches to problem solving, and an ability to lead a team through complex issues.
- Excellent presentation, written and oral communication skills, including the ability to translate technical concepts to a non- technical audience and the ability to work with senior leadership and elected officials across all business types.
- Experience in making presentations to executives and elected officials.
- Demonstrated vendor management and project management skills.
- Proven experience with SaaS (Software as a Service), PaaS (Platform as a Service) and aPaaS (application Platform as a service) models.
- Experience in developing strong customer relationships and managing customer expectations.
- Ability to navigate a complex systems environment and optimize the return on IT investments.
- Strong fiscal management and budgetary skills.