Located just 30 miles west of Washington, D.C., Loudoun County Public Library is a dynamic, forward-thinking organization that enjoys great community support and has an excellent national reputation.
Loudoun County Public Library (LCPL) is seeking a senior level manager with a passion for providing library resources that will enrich patrons personal, professional, and civic lives in a diverse and dynamic community. This position oversees a dedicated staff of 13 including eight direct reports and manages an annual budget of over $2 million.
The successful candidate will lead the Collection Management Services Division in collection development, collection maintenance, materials budget allocations, and all aspects of acquisitions, cataloging, processing, and interlibrary loan (ILL) services.
Other duties include:
- Serves as a member of the Senior Leadership Team in guiding LCPL operations
- Provides system-wide leadership in collection development, acquisitions, technical services operations, and ILL services
- Stays abreast of evolving community interests and activities to ensure the LCPL collection remains relevant and easily accessible
- Develops, maintains, and updates policies and procedures regarding library collections, including materials challenges, weeding, interlibrary loan, gifts and special collections
- Optimizes opportunities provided by the digital collection
- Evaluates selection and acquisitions procedures and develop strategies to improve service delivery
- Reviews all collection related library statistics and analyze the effectiveness of the collection and make recommendations for improvements
- Works with Programming and Community Engagement Division Manager to ensure the collection adequately supports library programs
- Works with Technology Division Manager to ensure support for staff using Integrated Library System (ILS)
- Maintains a highly efficient workflow throughout the Division while collaborating with the Training Coordinator in identifying and initiating training and growth opportunities for staff
- Collaborates with County Procurement and Budget to make sure certain proper purchasing procedures are followed
- Manages contracts and develops effective working relationships with all third-party content providers
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Library Science or a related field and 4 years of directly related experience. Public library experience and knowledge in the areas of collection development and technical services is strongly preferred. Professional experience creating and managing budgets preferred.
Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Successful candidate will undergo criminal, credit and DMV background checks.