The Loudoun County Department of Information Technology (DIT) is seeking a talented and highly motivated candidate to serve as the Information Technology (IT) Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) and Testing Manager in one of the fastest growing counties in the nation. This is a hands-on position to manage and implement the QA/QC and Testing program for all of the County's IT systems. The successful candidate will have expertise in this QA/QC, strong organizational skills, excellent communication skills, a self-starter, who loves challenges and enjoys creating new programs in dynamic environments. The position will provide a great opportunity not only to work with a talented team of engineers within the Department of Information Technology, but also with numerous subject matter experts from over thirty departments supported by IT to create awareness and communicate the value of a robust QA/QC and testing program for the County.
The Department is seeking qualified candidates who demonstrate the following skills in management, leadership, technical and analysis skills:
- Self-starter, motivator and advocate for QA/QC and Testing
- Excellent collaboration skills and customer engagement skills, to lead discussions with teammates and business customers to understand current challenges and build a QA/QC as well as a test program that is suited to the needs of the County
- Strong project management skills
- Collaborating with staff and leadership at various levels to establish a QA/QC program vision, governance methodology, and to create a culture that treats systems quality as an attribute of systems development
- Verbal skills, specifically the ability to communicate with management and the ability to create and maintain enduring customer relationships
- Excellent written skills to develop presentations, policies, guidance documents and guides to help staff follow robust QA/QC and testing practices
- Technical experience creating and managing Quality Assurance and Quality Control programs in Information Technology
- Technical experience creating and managing System Testing Programs in Information Technology. - Experience using industry standard tools for QA/QC and testing
- Prior system development and testing skills to be able to understand the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) environment applying QA/QC to work delivered by SaaS and PaaS vendors
- Working knowledge of MS Project, MS Visio or MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Manage and implement a QA/QC program for the systems developed and managed by the Department of Information Technology for on-premise and cloud-hosted systems. The program should have implementation processes, measurement metrics, plans for internal audits, ongoing monitoring steps, in order to help us prepare for external assessments for which we are accountable, e.g., financial audit, HIPAA audit, PCI audit etc.
- Conduct research on best practices implemented by other local governments and integrate them into our QA/QC and testing programs
- Create training content to integrate into the Oracle Learning Management (OLM) environment that can become mandatory for all staff in the group
- Train DIT staff and business users on templates and other artifacts developed for QA and testing programs. - Review DIT project portfolio and create a targeted portfolio of QA/QC projects identified across County departments
- Conduct periodic audit of DIT Systems for quality control
- Enhance the existing change control processes
- Research, identify and procure robust tools for QA/QC and testing.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field; three (3) years of related work experience in enterprise systems management, quality assurance/quality control, technology planning and administration; or equivalent combination of education, experience, and certifications.
Testing or testing automation certifications, such as CAST, CSTE, CMST, CTFL, or CSTP-A are strongly preferred. The ability to write SQL queries, experience with testing tools such as Selenium, JMeter, LoadRunner, or ITIL or PMP certification are also preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo an extensive background/credit check, fingerprinting, and DMV check.