Loudoun County is one of the fastest growing counties in the nation, providing a fast-paced, challenging and rewarding workplace and with opportunities for professional growth. Loudoun County Government, Circuit Court Judges is seeking a resourceful and highly motivated individual with exceptional interpersonal skills for the position of Chief of Staff (COS) reporting directly to the Chief Judge.
The Chief of Staff assists the Chief Judge in the efficient and smooth administration of justice in the Loudoun County Circuit Court by supporting the Chief Judge and the Court Judges by overseeing, planning, and implementing major programs and services; managing the program budget and contracts; and ensuring compliance with laws and regulations. Responsibilities are broad and include, but are not necessarily limited to:
- Administrative operations management: Budget establishment and oversight, purchasing and procurement; managing the Chief Judge's calendar and appointments; assisting the Chief Judge, as needed, with docket management, caseload assignments and communication with the other circuit court judges; assisting in the development, refinement and modification of courtroom policies and procedures; maintain and track statistical data related to judicial workload; creation and management of specialty dockets.
- Assisting the Docket Manager in scheduling dockets and procuring recalled judges.
- Management of special programs such as Adoption Day, Leadership in the Law Camp, school visits, and moot court programs.
- Performance management of staff attorneys and law clerks.
- Serve as the Chief Judge's liaison to the Clerk's Office, Sheriff's Office and County Administration.
- Serve as the department representative in the absence of the Chief Judge
- General oversight of standing orders related to procedures for the main courthouse, the courthouse grounds and use of the historic courthouse.
- Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master's degree in Public Administration, Public Policy, Business Management or a related field and three (3) years directly related work experience, including one (1) year of supervisory experience.
- The successful candidate must possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills, be adept at multi-tasking and prioritizing, resourceful, judicious and objective.
- Must maintain constant and highly effective working relationships with various County departments and agencies.
- Staff and project management experience
- Knowledge of Oracle software
- Knowledge and experience in the Virginia Court system and/or applicable legal background
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of a pre-employment background check to include criminal and credit check.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development