Are you a highly skilled in 700/800 MHz radio systems, especially with supporting Public Safety 2-way radios and microwave networks? Do you enjoy leading projects and have experience with installation, maintenance and repair of radio systems, microwave equipment and associated accessories? If you are a problem solver who wants to use your considerable skills to help your colleagues and your organization, Loudoun County's Department of Information Technology wants to talk with you.
We are currently seeking a Radio Communications Engineer to join our Public Safety Infrastructure team. This position will:
- Serve as a lead engineer in support of the County's Public Safety Radio system
- Maintain the Public Safety Communications systems including the 700/800 MHz radio system and the microwave network
- Lead the implementation of projects related to the County's Public Safety radio system and microwave associated systems
- Coordinate maintenance activities between departments and venders
- Coordinate with vendors and internal support teams to address system problems and incidents and recommend solutions
- Maintain documentation related to system configuration, design, repairs, requests, actions taken and root cause analysis
We are seeking an individual with the following:
- Ability to strategically plan the engineering requirements for the radio and associated systems
- Ability to make recommendations associated with master/prime and configurations, tower growth, and building/site maintenance
- Ability to build and maintain relationships to help people solve business problems
- Ability to handle critical incidents while under pressure
Bachelor's degree and three (3) years of related work experience with experience in the administration of a multi-agency, multi-channel trunked radio network, land mobile radio technology, equipment and network that supports E-911 to include customer premise equipment and data logging recorders; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Cisco Certified Network Engineer (CCNE) certification preferred. Federal Communications Commission General Radiotelephone Operators License preferred. 700/800 MHz experience, wireless network operational field experience, project management experience, support of public safety systems, and local government experience also preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
This position requires on-call rotation and is subject to recall 24/7 to provide critical system support. The successful candidate will undergo a credit, fingerprinting/criminal and DMV check.