Are you a seasoned Human Resources professional with a strong background in information technology? Do you enjoy working in a collaborative work environment and have a passion for public service? Loudoun County's Department of Information Technology is currently seeking a talented and highly motivated individual to serve as the Human Resources Manager for the department.
This is not a technical position, although familiarity with IT organizations is a plus. This position will have the following responsibilities:
- Serve as the department's liaison with the County's Department of Human Resources
- Develop and implement strategies to attract and retain talent for critical positions in the department
- Develop strategies and programs to promote diversity
- Provide advice and guidance to managers and other staff on employee relations issues, including disciplinary actions, requests for reasonable accommodations, complaints, and grievances
- Manage the recruitment and selection process providing advice and guidance to department managers; utilize applicant tracking system (JobAps), review and post job advertisements, serve on interview panels, review background check results, and approve personnel actions
- Maintain knowledge of federal, state, and local human resources legislation ensuring compliance
- Interact with the Department of Human Resources Risk Management and Health, Safety, and Wellness Divisions to manage employees with injuries and/or illnesses
- Design and conduct employee training to enhance the department's knowledge of foundational concepts and County policies
- Manage personnel records using various software programs (e.g., Laserfiche, Oracle ERP, etc.)
- Conduct analytical evaluations and prepare recommendations
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, and at least five (5) years of related work experience.
Successful candidates must have a thorough knowledge of the theories, principles, and practices of Human Resources Management; thorough knowledge of recruitment and selection; employee relations; employment law (ADA, FLSA, EEO), and practices; and excellent written, verbal, communication, and presentation skills.
Preferred certifications include any of the following:
- Professional in Human Resources (PHR)
- Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR)
- Society for Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Society for Human Resource Management Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation certification (ITIL)
- Project Management Professional certification (PMP)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM)
Experience with Innotas/Planview software and Leankit tools, other project and portfolio management software, SharePoint, Teams, and ServiceNow software is preferred. Local government experience is preferred.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The selection process will include an application review, in-person interview(s), and background investigation, to include a criminal record check, credit check, DMV record check, and fingerprinting.
Loudoun County regular full-time employees are eligible for full benefits, including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)