Loudoun County is one of the fastest growing counties in the country, known for its excellent quality of life and strong economy, while embracing its historic presence. Located 35 miles west of Washington DC, Loudoun County offers a diverse blend of cultural, recreational and educational opportunities. Loudoun County employees enjoy the stability of strong healthcare, leave benefits, retirement and a myriad of other benefits within an innovative and energetic culture.
The Loudoun County Health Department is seeking qualified applicants for an Epidemiologist.
This position works independently, making determinations about scope and direction of program planning, research and investigation, based on agreed upon direction and institutional review board approval as needed.
- Coordinates the response of the department to investigate disease outbreaks and clusters.
- Oversight of investigations in syndromic, disaster, influenza, or other special surveillance projects as necessary and appropriate.
- Ensures that the department has an active epidemiological team with multi-disciplinary representation. Leads and coordinates team efforts.
- Ensures timely and complete reporting of diseases by medical care providers in the county and availability of the department to receive and respond to reports on a 24 hour per day, 7 day per week basis.
- Implements surveillance systems to supplement existing reporting mechanisms as needed in times of public health emergencies.
- Develops and delivers training to enhance epidemiological work within the department.
- Accurately manages databases and files. Performs epidemiological data analysis.
- May perform other essential job functions specific to the position and department assignment
HIRING RANGE: $64,384.77 - $88,529.06 Salary commensurate with experience
- Master's degree in Public Health or Master of Science with graduate level coursework in Epidemiology and Biostatistics; two (2) years of experience in epidemiology-related work; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Pass pre-employment background checks to include fingerprinting and DMV.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
- This position is an essential position.
- May be required to work and may be assigned to an alternate work site to carry out duties that support the needs of the County's residents or employees.
- Must be available for duty beyond normal workday as required to perform functions of position for assigned department.
- May be exposed to communicable disease in the performance of duties
- Must be able to wear County-issued N-95 mask and other personal protective equipment (PPE) such as face shield, mask, gown, gloves, etc. and take adequate precautions as necessary.
- Errors in the work performed may cause serious, long-term consequences, substantial financial costs, significantly reduced service to the public, and/or negative media coverage.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development