|Date Opened||4/6/2021 08:00:00 AM|
|Closing Date||Open until filled|
|Job Type||Open and Competitive|
Loudoun County's Department of Information Technology is seeking qualified applicants for a full-time Supervisor of Broadband & Cable Affairs. This position works collaboratively with citizens, County staff, the Communications Commission, their three sub-Commissions and the Board of Supervisors to work towards advancement of the County's Broadband Strategic Plan and to advance activities to improve broadband, particularly in western Loudoun County.
This position will:
- Administer cable franchise agreement and related contracts; serve as point of contact for citizen requests and concerns about cable franchise and broadband matters
- Liaison to the Communications, Cable Television Franchise Performance, and Legislative Recommendations Commissions; Prepare the agenda, run the monthly Commission meetings and document/distribute the meeting minutes
- Develop the County's Broadband Strategic Plan; Support initiatives regarding broadband and effectively communicate status of all initiatives
- Develop strategies for digital equity related issues including affordable broadband to low income and disadvantaged housing, providing for telehealth, education, and employment services, and coordinating supporting initiatives across the County; promote broadcast television and broadband services to businesses and citizens
- Advise on broadband, wireless and cable technologies. Advise on the development of legislation, policies, and procedures related to zoning, development practices, and planning of broadband, wireless, and cable technologies; review economic development proposals and other proposals submitted to the County; develop and recommend federal, state, and local telecommunications legislation that facilitates the availability of broadband services
We are seeking an individual with:
- Knowledge of Cable TV and broadband related technologies/ topologies
- Knowledge of Cable Franchise agreements
- Knowledge of municipal legislative affairs, issue advocacy, and/or grassroots advocacy as it relates to Cable Television and Broadband
- Knowledge of cabling related to Wide Area Network (WAN) design, telecommunication, and cabling standard infrastructures
- Knowledge of wireless networks - Knowledge of project management methodologies and processes
HIRING RANGE: $62,207.51-$85,535.32
Salary Commensurate with Experience
Certifications preferred by Department: Society of Cable and Telecommunications Engineers, Information Technology Infrastructure Library Foundation certification (ITIL), Project Management Professional certification (PMP), Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM), or Planview/Innotas.
Preferred experience with Innotas/Planview software and Leankit tools, other project and portfolio management software, SharePoint, Teams, ServiceNow software, and local government experience.