The Loudoun County Department of Family Services is seeking a dedicated professional for a supervisory position in the Foster Care and Adoption (FC&A) unit with a desire to work in a diverse, fast-paced environment.
The Foster Care and Adoption Supervisor provides administrative supervision and professional leadership to a dynamic team of specialists tasked with the responsibility of reuniting families and securing permanency for children.
The Supervisor provides daily supervision of FC&A Specialists which includes oversight in assessing the needs of children that enter foster care and those of their parents and/or guardians, and in engaging families in devising a goal-directed service plan that addresses their needs.
The Supervisor ensures that services to children and families are meaningful and that all federal, state and local mandates are met. The Supervisor must maintain a supportive work environment, with the ability to motivate and encourage continuity in teamwork and productivity among staff.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Supervising professional staff engaged in child welfare casework.
- Supporting and facilitating staff in the delivery of strength-based services by assessing needs and guiding intervention to address client situations.
- Actively participating in organizational development, management, and leadership of the agency.
- Assuming responsibility of unit operations in the absence of the FC&A Program Manager.
- Monitoring caseloads, reviewing service plans and collecting data.
- Evaluating polices to ensure best practice.
- Conducting individual and group supervision.
- Providing on-call backup to social work staff after-hours.
- Serving on boards and committees on behalf of the Department on local and state levels.
- Completing staff performance evaluations.
- Analyzing data to enhance operations and services.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor's degree in Social Work or directly related field and four (4) years of directly related experience in a Child Welfare or Family Services setting including 1 year of staff supervisory experience.
- Must possess excellent oral and written skills, good organizational skills and the ability to lead staff in a supportive manner that promotes accountability.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
Evening and weekend work may be required.
- Master's degree in Social Work or a directly related field
- Clinical Licensure i.e., LCSW, LSW
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
The successful candidate will undergo a pre-employment background check to include criminal, CPS, credit and DMV.
Loudoun County Regular Full-time Employees are eligible for full benefits including but not limited to the following as a part of a total rewards package!
- Retirement from the Virginia Retirement System (VRS)
- Annual leave
- Sick leave
- Annual Paid Holidays
- Group Health Plan
- Group Life Insurance
- Exceptional Performance Recognition
- Credit Union Membership
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Education and Career Development