Loudoun County Fire and Rescue (LCFR) is a combination career/volunteer organization comprised of approximately 700 employees and 800 active operational and administrative volunteers. The Department is a growing organization that serves a large and diverse population located 30 miles northwest of Washington, DC. We provide a full range of emergency and non-emergency services to approximately 425,000 citizens within a 520 square mile area. Additional information about the Department can be found at www.loudoun.gov/fire. We seek to hire a highly motivated, effective, and diverse workforce to meet the needs of the County's citizens and visitors and support the Department's core values of Teamwork, Integrity, Professionalism, and Service. Loudoun County offers a meaningful career, competitive salary, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Loudoun County Fire and Rescue is seeking qualified applicants for a regular, full-time position as an Internal Investigator/Professional Standards Officer. This position is under the direction of the Chief of the System and conducts investigations for the Loudoun County Combined Fire and Rescue System (career and volunteer). This position:
- Investigates employee and system volunteer misconducts for the System.
- Investigates employee misconduct in other County departments as requested, reviews applicant polygraph and background reports.
- Reviews fingerprint based NCIC/VCIN criminal history records, coordinates subpoenas service and court appearance of personnel.
- Administers the digital fingerprint criminal history system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct internal investigations for the fire and rescue system.
- Conduct background investigations.
- Conduct Human Resources (HR) related investigations.
- Prepare investigative reports.
- Assist with recruitment and hiring processes.
- Liaisons with County Departments, Divisions, Sections and State and Federal Agencies (Liaisons with county departments and county agency divisions to collaborate on goals and objectives, attends meetings to resolve issues.)
Bachelor's degree in assigned or related field (Master's degree preferred) and four (4) years of related work experience preferably in law enforcement and with administrative investigations; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Desire certification and/or experience in internal investigations.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the principles, methods, techniques, and practices of public assistance programs and casework.
- Knowledge of the techniques of investigative interviewing related to the determination of eligibility for public assistance programs.
- Knowledge of court procedures and processes.
- Skill in use of computers and related software.
- Skill in organization and communication including making presentations, testifying in administrative hearings and court.
- Ability to analyze facts and to exercise sound judgment in arriving at conclusions.
May be required to work on-call and subject to recall.
Post Conditional Offer Contingencies
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of an extensive criminal background check including fingerprints, credit check and DMV driving record check.